[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] For your review - updated RDS Statement of Purpose

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Thu Oct 6 20:48:35 UTC 2016

Hi Nick,

I would actually concur with Volker. I see your point but, can I ask a question, the data collected cannot be proven to any certainty because we have nothing as the registry/registrar community to "check" it against. Simply checking say the address against a city, against a State, against a postal/zip code then country isnt proving the registrant data is correct, its simply proving that the registrant can open a phone book and pick an address out.

Until tools are created to prove that registrant is actually at address X, accuracy is a rather moot point.

I agree with your point about law enforcement and bad data being a cost to the public purse, but until the governments can get together and work out a solution for the data to be verified there is little anyone can do.

Registrant giving fake address = bad data
Registrant giving correct address of neighbour = bad data
Registrant giving old address where previously lived = bad data - but at least it could be validated against old correct data and cross checked

This list could be endless :

Registrant giving correct data = good, verifiable. Maybe the governments can work out a solution to being able to verify their citizens data.

I would love to find a solution that is workable and commercially viable, the governments and LEA can then use the data with some surety to its worthiness - although this is a totally separate topic, I would like to sit down and discuss it further - the governments getting together and helping this work.

Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Chris