[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [Just for Info] DDoS Attacks against Dyn - Schneier on Security

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Mon Oct 24 17:37:54 UTC 2016

As someone who did some investigation (probably not nearly as much as Andrew) on this attack, the only things that helped me start disrupting C2s is accurate registrar info (in many cases C2s used ccTLDs making it moot) so I know who to talk to in order to nuke C2 domains and to a leaser extent accurate registrant data (rarely for notification as they are the suspect party, more for programmatic tracking of what they register next).

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone