[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS Statement of Purpose

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Fri Sep 9 12:09:17 UTC 2016

I chose to use the terms creation to expiration, reserving registration
to be used to describe the process of associating an identity with the
domain name.

A question I would ask is if reserving a domain name could be one type
of creation?  If so, another type could be when it is assigned to a
registrant.  There may be other types.

Similarly, archiving a domain name (or its contact information) could be
a sub-step of expiration, that could in fact be optional.

More generally, what I’m asking is if you really believe we need to
have an additional endpoint at each end or if the steps you are calling
out are part of the existing end points?

Thanks,

Jim