[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Registrar Data vs RDS Data

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 24 23:29:28 UTC 2017

I agree.  I am very glad to have someone else exploring the contours of
this particular conflation problem, because I have tediously pointed out
on numerous calls, the differences between collection, use, the
disclosure instrument(s) and what a registrar might have to manage for
his own business purpose /not /dictated by ICANN as data controller.  I
do think that when people imagine the reasons for collecting the data
they are naturally thinking of what they are going to use it for, and if
they are not part of the technical chain that makes the domain work,
then they are third parties accessing the data. I think proceeding to
uses might help speed things up, exactly as you describe.

Stephanie Perrin