[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Dangers of public whois

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 14 14:41:31 UTC 2017

Hi John,

I agree we do not want to create a centralized registration and
surveillance scheme.

Such a system would be subject to many regulations and fines from Data
Regulators. If we do not execute privacy properly we are creating a
system that will cost millions of dollars in fines alone. Tho that would
actually answer the question are the costs of RDS viable. The answer
would be no.

Theo