[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Dangers of public whois

allison nixon elsakoo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:32:20 UTC 2017

>>Ah come on… dont’t give me that, answer my question without a lecture,
been working with this for more than 20 years so please dont use that
ignorant “do you understand”…
I know very well how this is working...

Then why ask that question? So many of the things I read in this thread
appear to demonstrate a lack of experience in practical situations where
privacy is violated(rightly AND wrongly). I don't know you or what you
spent 20 years doing, I am only addressing the points you brought up.

>>So I have heard but none hava managed to stop it and they are harming
innocent people everyday with there scams but apparently not important...

It is important, and the fact that it hasn't been addressed yet is a direct
consequence of the large amount of Internet abuse compared to the small
number of people equipped to investigate it.

>>Have you ever thought about that the level of respect arise from the
level of respect from the anti-abuse community towards the ones who can and
will help if they are shown the respect they should have? I think this is a
two-way problem which in the last ICANN meetings have been in initiatives
to help and the dialog has been open and positive. A change are needed on
both sides absolutely

I have no history participating in those communities, and I have almost no
history posting to this list. I am mostly too busy to read all the
longwinded emails exchanged here, but this thread was just so off-base that
I had to respond. It seems that people here use an Internet where
cybercrime doesn't exist and isn't a concern. That was what concerned me. I
don't know almost any of you and I'm not asking for your respect. The lack
of concern for the major issue of cyber crime is what moved me to post. If
there was proper consideration given to that issue within this group, I'd
probably disappear back into the ether