[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Dangers of public whois

benny at nordreg.se benny at nordreg.se
Fri Feb 17 17:40:36 UTC 2017

Let us take a simple example

A phone number can you as the one it's registered on choose by yourself if it shall be published in the phone book, if you give the number to someone it's your choice as an individual! If the police want your number they will get without to much effort.

So why on earth are we forcing registrants to give up this right to choose to whom they share that info?

Forget what Whois are as we know it and come up with ideas how we can make a new system which takes reasonable interest of all sides here.

The Status Quo hammering are not productive at all.

RDS are meant to make change to the better!

Sent from my iPhone