[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Dangers of public whois

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Tue Feb 21 22:33:23 UTC 2017

I had thought the first part was already implicit in our discussions, as
a sort of technical benefit/cost decision.
As for second part w/r to access, which is the big issue here, something
like the///Precautionary Principle /might be of help.

Sam L.

On 2/21/2017 4:57 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Should we add this to our list of principles?

Andrew Sullivan<ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>  wrote:

> I really do think that would be an excellent principle to embrace: if
> a given datum is on balance helpful to the operation of the network
> and its absence is likely to cause worse operational conditions
> (especially long term), then its collection is acceptable.  Access is
> a separate question.
    <rest deleted for brevity>