[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Principle on Proportionality for "Thin Data"access

Dotzero dotzero at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:33:14 UTC 2017

Stephanie,

I agree that civility should be maintained but I take exception to your
assertion that your privacy perspective is "the privacy perspective".

It is reasonable to say that you speak on behalf of the privacy perspective
of your employer. If a participant in the group is an official
representative of a government, it is reasonable for them to assert that
they speak on behalf of that government. It is absolutely unreasonable to
represent that there is a single privacy perspective. I would be just as
remiss if I were to claim I represent THE security and anti-abuse
perspective. As with privacy, there are a range of perspectives within the
security and anti-abuse communities.

I have chosen to participate in this group on my own behalf (statement of
interest) rather than on behalf of my employer because I am bringing my
perspective of roughly 40 years of being on the internet, participating in
standards efforts as well as dealing with privacy and abuse issues.

Michael Hammer