[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] The principle of consent

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Jun 1 16:31:12 UTC 2017

Hi Tom,

Stephanie sent to this list yesterday, when asked by Chuck if thin data elements constitute personal data: "Definitionally, yes... That does not mean we need to protect it, it means we have to examine it in terms of DP law... If you want to figure out whether you have to protect something or not, do a privacy impact assessment." I think this could be useful in answering your question.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)