[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Purpose in accordance with Registry Agreement section 2.18

Lisa Phifer lisa at corecom.com
Sat Jun 3 04:15:47 UTC 2017

The same NORC study examined potentially
commercial activity on websites hosted by sampled
domain names. As this is not a straight-forward
classification, I'd encourage you to read the
executive summary of the study itself, found here:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois/registrant-identification-summary-23may13-en.pdf

That said, one finding that may be helpful in
answer to your question: "Domain names registered
by natural persons were equally as likely to be
used for some kind of potentially commercial
activity as the overall sample ­ 55.4 ± 4.3
percent, as compared to the entire sample’s 56.6 percent." (page 4)

-- Lisa Phifer