[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] 2013 RAA Data Elements

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Wed Jun 14 03:22:46 UTC 2017

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.example-registrar.tld

^ This field only applies to com/net/jobs due to the "thin"
registry/registar setup, and will be "gone" shortly as part of the
migration to "thick", so should not be included in the MPDS

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2010-10-08T00:44:59Z

^ This field only applies to com/net/jobs due to the "thin"
registry/registar setup, and will be "gone" shortly as part of the
migration to "thick", so should not be included in the MPDS

Registrar: EXAMPLE REGISTRAR LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 5555555

^ You don't need the name in the MPDS if you have the IANA# as the
relationship can be "looked up"

Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited2
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

^ Whilst _a_ status about the domain can be seen as useful, I still
object to the publishing of the "detailed status" information as
unnecessary and an additional "attack vector" for scams

Name Server: NS01.EXAMPLE-REGISTRAR.TLD10
Name Server: NS02.EXAMPLE-REGISTRAR.TLD

^ This information provides no _functional_ purpose, we have the
opportunity to tidyup WHOIS/RDS, and so is an ideal time to remove this
unnecessary bloat

Rob