[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] List topics for this week

Greg Aaron gca at icginc.com
Fri Jun 16 11:45:00 UTC 2017

Yes – what Michele said, and Volker seems to have read it incorrectly.

  *   I said RDS server (WHOIS or otherwise), leaving protocol aside.  Assuming any kind of registration data is available, it has to be served from somewhere.  So identify the server where the data came from.  That’s what is done now; I suggest continuing to do so in the future.
  *   As we all know, under GNSO policy currently being implemented, the need for registrar-run RDS servers will go away once .COM, .NET, and .JOBS finally go from thin  thick.  However, some on the WG seem to want some sort of regime in which registrars retain the contact data and might need to serve it themselves under certain situations – in other words a return to a thin registry model for every gTLD.

--Greg