[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [For Background] APWG report on phishers use of Domain Name System

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Wed Jun 28 11:26:10 UTC 2017

Thanks for chiming in and largely that was my point. I understand that several people have concerns about the privacy of registrants in whois. What I don't feel gets sufficient appreciation is that having access to whois data helps investigate and PREVENT large security and privacy risks. For instance, the recent malware outbreak that started in Ukraine (Petya/NotPetya). I can be more explicit on that when its over.

--
John Bambenek