[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Dangers of public whois

nathalie coupet nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 18:28:57 UTC 2017

FYIThe U.K. privacy office will issue guidance the first week of March for companies on obtaining consent from consumers to use their data, Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham announced Feb. 24.The Information Commissioner’s Office guidance on preparing for the European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy regime will represent “a toughening up on the rules around consent,” Denham said.In order to be legally sufficient, consent “will need to be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous, and businesses will need to be able to prove they have it if they rely on it for processing data,” she said. A check the box approach won’t be sufficient to show valid consent, Denham said.
Nathalie