[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Reputation systems are not just nice to have (was Re: What we want redux)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Oct 4 23:48:27 UTC 2017

Jonathan's question about the registration date boils down to the observation that, if you have the ROID of the domain name and you have the history of the domain name then you can in fact tell that a name has been deleted and registered again, because the ROID changed.  ROIDs are globally unique because of how they're made.

Of course, you have to know this info prior, so it doesn't get you as much data as the original registration date or alternatives.

The ROID I believe has to be available for RDAP to work as designed, and anyway I think we've already determined that it is part of the MPDS.

Please excuse my clumbsy thums.