[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed Agreement for Original Registration Date

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Oct 11 18:18:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:59:57PM -0400, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
> Retaining a history of the registration of a domain name, when there is an
> issue of abuse, fraud, etc.,  seems to me both a bit more complicated and
> messy, and of limited added value for due diligence.

First, I thought we were done with this topic, and that we had already
decided that we weren't going to add the ORD,

Anyway, the point of the ORD was in fact to catch precisely this
"recent-registration-abuse" stuff: if you look up a name and discover
that it had an old ORD and yet the crDate is recent, you have _prima
facie_ evidence that the name object in question might not be the one
you think it is.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com