[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Legal Opinion on GDPR - Part 1

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 19 14:56:20 UTC 2017

Indeed Chuck. For those who believed that that we
could get away with not making very significant
changes, this is a/another wake-up call.

On a relative level, our job is easy since we are
in theory starting with a clean slate. How ICANN
addresses TODAY's issue of GDPR and the present
system is, in my opinion, far more challenging.
And we are almost surely going to impact the
ability of those combatting malicious activities.

We need to quickly proceed with our part where we
know we can implement tiered/controlled access
and set policy so implementation may begin.

Alan