[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Legal Opinion on GDPR - Part 1

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Fri Oct 20 00:01:32 UTC 2017

I’ve no idea what the “correct” answer is to your questions. And they are valid ones.
However I get the impression that ICANN (corporate) is looking for input and guidance on followup questions.
What isn’t that clear to me personally is how that can be structured

The legal memo is, in my view, a solid document. The questions asked covered some areas that we covered with the data protection experts and the external legal counsel, but also went further.
What I also liked was that instead of simply analysing the status quo vs GDPR they tried to come up with some solutions.
I’m not suggesting for an instant that any of the solutions would be easy to implement, but there are a few things in there that could be viewed as starting points.

The key question for members of this group is very simple.

Do you want to work together to find a solution that takes into consideration the legal advice or not?

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon