[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Legal Opinion on GDPR - Part 1

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Fri Oct 20 09:53:17 UTC 2017

How often do people who actually research abuse and criminality need to say this is not true?

“BTW, in most combat of malicious activities targeting the average user, knowing the actual identity of the perpetrator is not really that useful. Specially because it's likely fake data anyways.”

Even when the data is fake it is useful. I am developing right now domain reputation specifically looking for verifiably false data as a means of filtering badness. It is immensely useful when criminals lie to me for a variety of reasons.

--
John Bambenek