[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Legal Opinion on GDPR - Part 1

benny at nordreg.se benny at nordreg.se
Fri Oct 20 10:04:24 UTC 2017

Well that will only cover no EU address domains soon…
--
Med vänliga hälsningar / Kind Regards / Med vennlig hilsen

Benny Samuelsen
Registry Manager - Domainexpert

Nordreg AB - ICANN accredited registrar
IANA-ID: 638
Phone: +46.42197000
Direct: +47.32260201
Mobile: +47.40410200

On 20 Oct 2017, at 11:53, John Bambenek via gnso-rds-pdp-wg <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>> wrote:

How often do people who actually research abuse and criminality need to say this is not true?

“BTW, in most combat of malicious activities targeting the average user, knowing the actual identity of the perpetrator is not really that useful. Specially because it's likely fake data anyways.”

Even when the data is fake it is useful. I am developing right now domain reputation specifically looking for verifiably false data as a means of filtering badness. It is immensely useful when criminals lie to me for a variety of reasons.

--
John Bambenek