[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] another document that might be of interest

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Oct 21 00:04:27 UTC 2017

Extracted from https://eurid.eu/en/other-infomation/whois-policy/:

- “When the Registrant is a natural person (private individual) the Registrant contact information published is restricted to the e-mail address, unless they request otherwise.”
- “Natural persons who apply for a Domain Name will be explicitly informed by their Registrars of the possibility to create and use a specific functional e-mail address for publication in the WHOIS as an alternative to the use of their personal e-mail address."
- 2.6. Disclosure of personal data
Third parties may have legitimate reasons to request the disclosure of personal data of natural persons not published in the WHOIS, but processed by the Registry for its internal use in accordance with Section 1.2. hereof.
The third party must individually request the disclosure of these data by filing an application form and:
state and substantiate the legitimate reasons for the request
read and agree to a disclaimer which requires the third party not to use the information made available for other purposes than those justified by the abovementioned legitimate reasons disclose its full name and address (including e-mail address, telephone and fax number, and the company number if the third party is a legal person)
The third party asking for access to the data would only be granted access to the requested data if it fulfils all requirements or if the Registry is ordered by a judicial authority within the European Union to grant such access.

—Ayden