[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] another document that might be of interest

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Mon Oct 23 14:26:11 UTC 2017

I wasn’t talking about my feelings about the law. I was talking about misconduct. But you knew that.

The constant refrains of “read the documents” (of which there are hundreds if not thousands, and easily tens of thousands of pages) is exclusionary and arrogant. If you were one of my students and handed in a paper without supporting your conclusions other than saying “read the documents”, I would fail you. And rightly so. I disagree what some of those documents say and we have had discussions on points those documents make. You know that because you have engaged me in those discussions.

What you and others are doing is simply calling all who disagree idiots and suggesting their opinions be discarded. You simply lack the integrity to be honest and say so outright.

So, leadership of this working group, it is time I think to have another conversation about appropriate and professional conduct and how to encourage people to contribute and not crap on everyone who isn’t part of the “in crowd”.

--
John Bambenek