[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Drafting Team 4 Output

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Thu Oct 26 15:28:35 UTC 2017

Excellent work Lisa,

Comment:  the reference to a “business domain” is odd as transactions are not so limited.

“Tasks: Parties purchasing or selling a business domain name often engage in the following tasks.”

Question:  did your group consider the uses by entities involved in transactions?  For example, my clients include:

Escrow companies
Finance companies
Individual lenders

These people not only need to confirm ownership (marketable title) but also perform KYC (know your customer) and AML (anti money laundering) verification which includes comparing the domain registrant to the payor/payee.

Money lenders need relevant data to perfect security interests.

Sent from my iPad