[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Calling it quits

John Horton john.horton at legitscript.com
Mon Oct 30 03:46:39 UTC 2017

Just remember that the fact that the information is bogus is, itself,
important and useful in some cases. In our work with banks and payment
providers, that's considered a high-risk factor at a minimum, and may
actually bar an account being provided in other cases (unless it's
genuinely Mickey Mouse, of course! He should always have a merchant
account.). So, in that case, it's important not just to correlate but to
specifically know what the Whois is, if you will. Banks and payment
providers, and those of us who help them assess and monitor merchants for
potentially useful information to prevent money laundering and similar
activity, need to know the information currently contained in the Whois
record to assess who actually has control rights over the domain name or if
it's bogus, etc.

Neil, whatever, man. :) Good luck!

John Horton
President and CEO, LegitScript