[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [OFF TOPIC] Hard to push for transparency, unless it starts at the top..

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Tue Oct 31 15:49:03 UTC 2017

Hi

> But the real point is/was.. when even a registrar doesn't provide abuse
> information for their own company via whois.. We won't expect them to
> worry about customers transparency.

Or perhaps instead of calling out a Registrar about their WHOIS output you could have actually used the Registrars' WHOIS Server, not some random-3rd-party when querying data ?
Or even read the response from the whois you quoted and followed the trail manually ?
Or even, heaven-forbid, used some Linux magic and implemented the right tool/config for the job ;)

> >     Domain Name: REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
> >     Registry Domain ID: 1326800137_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
> >     Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
> >     Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse at enom.com
> >     Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252982646

So more an issue of education than information, and yet another example of why having data more-than-once is "just bad" (tm)

Rob

---