[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Fwd: [db-wg] New on RIPE Labs: How We're Implementing the GDPR - the RIPE Database

Chuck consult at cgomes.com
Thu Feb 1 16:03:26 UTC 2018

Thanks Dick.

Chuck

From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Richard Leaning
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:33 AM
To: gnso-rds-pdp-wg <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Fwd: [db-wg] New on RIPE Labs: How We're Implementing the GDPR - the RIPE Database

Dear Colleagues,

Thought this article by our lawyer on where we stand as an RIR on the GDPR and our data base, maybe of interest.

Cheers

Dick

Richard Leaning

External Relations

RIPE NCC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mirjam Kuehne via db-wg <db-wg at ripe.net <mailto:db-wg at ripe.net> >
Date: 1 February 2018 at 15:13:05 GMT
To: RIPE Database WG <db-wg at ripe.net <mailto:db-wg at ripe.net> >

Dear colleagues,

This is our second in a series of articles discussing the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation. Here we are looking at the
purpose for which personal data is collected and publicly accessed
through the RIPE Database, as well as other aspects of the data
protection legislation, such as the legal basis for this processing,
data removal procedures, and so on:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/Athina/how-we-re-implementing-the-gdpr-the-ripe-database

Kind regards,
Mirjam Kühne