[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Using the GDPR as a basis for RDS Policy is backwards

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 14 21:38:56 UTC 2018

Perhaps I should clarify what at least I meant  by change.

Look at Steve’s words - he is emphasising the need to do much of what we have been doing already:

looking at what information is necessary to be gathered for the system to work - and we have made lots of progress on that
looking at what is feasible - we have had lots of discussion on what is/is not possible
working towards his ‘cleaner model’ that will not only satisfy the GDPR but other data protection regimes globally.
You are right to question whether we need to ‘trash’ a lot of what we have done. I don’t think that is what is being asked.  I think what must change is any frame of mind that thinks that the old WHOIS regime can remain as is.

Holly