[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Using the GDPR as a basis for RDS Policy is backwards

Chuck consult at cgomes.com
Thu Feb 15 13:57:48 UTC 2018

I’d like to think that the ICANN community effort going on outside this WG will take note of the cybersecurity concerns that Allison raises as they try to finalize an interim solution to deal with the GDPR in the near term.  Note this quote from Goren’s latest blog that ICANN org is trying to find a balanced approach:  “This single, common interim model that is informed by input from across the ICANN community would seek to obtain compliance with both the GDPR and ICANN's contractual requirements related to registration directory services.”  Here’s the blog: https://www.icann.org/news/blog/data-protection-privacy-update-latest-developments

Chuck