[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Update on GDPR

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Feb 15 14:17:56 UTC 2018

Sam

A lot of registrars (and registries) are members of Eco or The Internet Infrastructure Coalition and Thomas Rickert via Eco has been doing a lot of work with contracted parties in this GDPR mess.
To date we have not been formally engaged with DPAs via Eco / i2C
ICANN, as you can see from their updates, has been conducting bilateral discussions with various bodies.
Some registrars have been discussing matters with their DPAs and / or relevant government departments.

Disclosure: I am the Chair of The Internet Infrastructure Coalition and involved in a lot of the other things too (see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mneylon/ )

Regards

Michele

--