[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Equifax hack worse than previously thought: Biz kissed goodbye to card expiry dates, tax IDs etc

Sara Bockey sbockey at godaddy.com
Thu Feb 15 16:34:24 UTC 2018

Our job is now to cooperate in good faith to build a new universal system that still fits most needs but also takes data protection as its core principle.

EXACTLY! And what’s lacking from most of our conversations are SOLUTIONS.  We understand that many of you have come to rely on various types of data from WHOIS.  We get it.  We’ve heard you.  What we have NOT heard is “we understand the changing landscape, and while we are concerned about losing X data, perhaps if we do Y, we can improve RDS and still have access OR if we do Z, we can _________.”

Given the number of really smart people on this list, I am frustrated by the lack of innovative, forward thinking.  Change doesn’t have to be scary.  Change can be better - an improvement.  We need to stop with the myopia.  We need to stop looking backward.  We need to stop demonizing.  If you are not saying something NEW, something to move this PDP forward, you are part of the problem.

Sara

sara bockey
sr. policy manager | GoDaddy™
sbockey at godaddy.com<mailto:sbockey at godaddy.com>  480-366-3616
skype: sbockey

This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of this message and its attachments.