[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Facebook loses Belgian court case over consent and tracking

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Tue Feb 20 17:53:22 UTC 2018

Actually this is wrong. There are use cases for registering domains that don’t resolve at all. Especially for brand protection. There are use cases for domains that don’t UNIVERSALLY resolve.

But you point out what we all know. Registrars are just going to shut down RDS/whois and its unclear why we bother with this discussion when we you’ve already states your endgame.

--
John Bambenek

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 11:41, Volker Greimann <vgreimann at key-systems.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your helpful, concise but erroneous contribution.
>
> The difference between whois details and DNS entries, name servers, etc is that the latter are actually technically necessary to provide the service, so comparing the two is like comparing apples to elephants. Not even in the same classification of life.
>
> Volker
>
>> On 20. Feb 2018, at 18:35, allison nixon <elsakoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> wrong
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Volker Greimann <vgreimann at key-systems.net> wrote:
>>> Actually, we can. No whois, no risk of prosecution for unlawful processing in form of publication.

>>> --
>>> Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.
>>>
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>>>
>>> Volker A. Greimann
>>> - Rechtsabteilung -
>>>
>>> Key-Systems GmbH
>>> Im Oberen Werk 1
>>> 66386 St. Ingbert
>>> Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
>>> Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
>>> Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net
>>>
>>> Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
>>> www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com
>>>
>>> Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:
>>> www.facebook.com/KeySystems
>>> www.twitter.com/key_systems
>>>
>>> Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
>>> Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
>>> Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534
>>>
>>> Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
>>> www.keydrive.lu
>>>
>>> Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.

>>> Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Volker A. Greimann
>>> - legal department -
>>>
>>> Key-Systems GmbH