[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed New WG Leadership Team Member

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 16:09:08 UTC 2018

No objection am in support of the leadership

On Saturday, February 24, 2018, Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
wrote:

> No objections.
>
> -Carlton
>

> ==============================
> *Carlton A Samuels*
>
> *Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment &
> Turnaround*
> =============================
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Chuck <consult at cgomes.com> wrote:
>
>> As I communicated on the WG list several weeks ago, when I accepted the
>> position as chair of the GNSO RDS PDP WG, I requested that there be three
>> vice chairs, one each from the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group, the
>> Commercial Stakeholder Group and the Registrars Stakeholder Group and noted
>> that I would cover the Registries Stakeholder Group (RySG) on the
>> leadership team.  My intent was to ensure that there would be one leader
>> from each of the four GNSO stakeholder groups so that the views of each
>> group could be represented, not only in the WG, but also on the leadership
>> team.  As I think everyone knows, when I retired from Verisign, I ceased
>> being a delegate to the Registries Stakeholder Group, so I suggested to the
>> WG and to the Registries that it would be desirable in my opinion that we
>> add someone from the RySG.
>>

>> This week, Paul Diaz, RySG Chair, informed me that the RySG nominated
>> Marc Anderson to sit on the leadership team from the RySG.  Because each
>> GNSO WG chooses its own leaders that are then approved by the GNSO Council,
>> I am submitting the following two questions to all WG members:
>>
>>    1. Does any WG member object to adding a fourth vice chair to the RDS
>>    PDP WG?  (If so, please explain your concerns.)
>>    2. Assuming there are no objections to question 1, does any WG member
>>    object to Marc Anderson serving as a vice chair on the RDS PDP WG?  (If so,
>>    please provide your rationale.)
>>

>> Please communicate any objections you have not later than end of the day
>> on Wednesday, 28 February.  If there are no objections received by that
>> time, Marc will be added to the leadership team.
>>

>> For those who may be new to the WG, Marc’s Statement of Interest can be
>> found at https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Marc+Anderson+SOI
>> .  Note that he has been an active member of the WG since its inception
>> over two years ago.
>>

>> Chuck

Regards
Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa / Chair - FOSSFA / Community Lead - ISOC
Uganda Chapter / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka