[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] resigning from the PDP

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Mar 15 16:48:32 UTC 2018

Thank you so much for your contributions to this Working Group, Stephanie. I have learned so much from your comments on our calls and mailing list, and have appreciated your many helpful, public interested-orientated interventions over the past two years. Unfortunately this Working Group is progressing at a glacial pace and is a perfect example of how policy at ICANN can be set by exhaustion. To be clear, there is no implied criticism here of the leadership team or of anyone else, however in the absence of a strong privacy advocate and the declining presence of civil society in these deliberations, because it is impossible to allocate resources to participate in this Working Group given how little progress we seem to be making, I do not believe the recommendations ultimately delivered by this Working Group will hold any long-term legitimacy.

Ayden Férdeline