[Gnso-rpm-data] Preparation for Sub Team session at ICANN60

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Oct 25 20:24:20 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Following from the last Sub Team call this past Friday, staff would like to confirm if the following agenda for the upcoming 90-minute Sub Team session at ICANN60 on Saturday 28 October (15.15-16.45 local time) is appropriate:

  1.  Welcome and introductions (by Phil as Working Group chair, or Kurt?)
  2.  Staff update on Table 2

  *   The objective here is to not only update the Sub Team on what is being done, what is yet to do, but perhaps more importantly, obtain more specific guidance and direction on some of the tasks that are currently phrased in more general terms

  1.  Sub Team review of suggested questions and comments received to date for Table 1

  *   How we approach this item may depend on what additional suggestions, and under which target group (registries, registrars, TM/brand owners, actual/potential registrants, trade associations/industry and public interest groups) we receive before Saturday. Given: (a) that Lori has already informed us she will be out of pocket through early November (and has taken on Section 6, the industry and public interest groups/trade associations); and (b) that we are likely to have a number of TM/brand owners and registrants, as well as possibly a number of registries and registrars, perhaps we should focus the discussion on these groups?
  *   If no questions are received for a particular target group, we can ask the audience what objective they think the Charter question vis-à-vis a particular group is intended to achieve, and what specific suggestions they may have for surveying that group
  *   Where questions are received, we can of course work through them.

  1.  Sub Team discussion of expected timeline for completion of work on Table 1
  2.  Next steps

Please also be so kind as to fill out your “assigned” section in Table 1 on the Google Doc created by Ariel as soon as possible, so that we can get a sense before the end of the week on what specific sections can be reviewed and discussed on Saturday: https://docs.google.com/a/icann.org/document/d/10qENwqvozS-TZfJiVOx5MG71YIsqeX95WkPqhA64ayE/edit?usp=sharing (please refer to Ariel’s email for who’s “assigned” to what section).

Please let us know your thoughts and suggestions on the Saturday agenda.

Thanks and cheers
Mary