[Gnso-rpm-data] Preparation for Sub Team session at ICANN60

J. Scott Evans jsevans at adobe.com
Thu Oct 26 22:26:35 UTC 2017

Kurt:

Your points are well put and I agree.

[tps://inside.corp.adobe.com/content/dam/brandcenter/images/image002.gif]

J. Scott Evans

408.536.5336 (tel)

345 Park Avenue, Mail Stop W11-544

Director, Trademarks

408.709.6162 (cell)

San Jose, CA, 95110, USA

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

jsevans at adobe.com

www.adobe.com

From: <gnso-rpm-data-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Kurt Pritz <kurt at kjpritz.com>
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 3:23 PM
To: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>
Cc: "gnso-rpm-data at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-data at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gnso-rpm-data] Preparation for Sub Team session at ICANN60

Hi MaryL

Thank you for taking the time for putting this together. Here is my understanding.

On agenda item 2, I think this is the items the ICANN staff members are compiling.  I think it makes sense to take a short while for you to update and get further guidance in order to make further progress. So if that understanding is correct, I am for that.

On agenda item 3, This is not a community discussion session as I understand it. We had decided against that in our last meeting.  It should be either a closed working session (anyone from the full PDP should be welcome) or at least “observe quietly”. We are not ready to report to the group, let along get feedback from the community. For example, in the case of the questions I proposed, we might be asking registrars for help but I am not sure we want to do that in an open forum through spoken words - I was thinking it might be done in a more carefully crafted letter.

I think Agenda item 3 might be to:

1) review whatever questions we have received for the different team members. If there are multiple sets, there are sure to be multiple approaches (e.g., the level of detail, the degree of change from the GNSO approved set, potential expense). We could then decide which approach would be the most effective for our purposes.

2) also decide if we are going to recruit professionals for this an the quickest way to get that done.

What does everyone think?

Best regards,

Kurt