[Gnso-rpm-data] Advice Needed: Complications Regarding Saving Survey Responses

Dorrain, Kristine dorraink at amazon.com
Thu Aug 16 23:55:23 UTC 2018

Thanks for this Ariel:

My initial thought is this.

If we do NOT use passwords, than anyone with the link can take the survey, right?

So if DO use passwords and we allow users to create them, what is the risk if they don’t create “unique” passwords?  Because I’m not seeing any risk to just letting them create a password. This is just a little placeholder -  a dog-earing of the electronic page if you will, it’s not performing a security function.  (Right??)

Or are you saying that the password is really just a token and if someone else arbitrarily creates the same one (like “1234” or “password”) we’ll have a mess?

(ccing myself since I’m out tomorrow and I want to see the answer!)

Kristine