[gnso-rpm-wg] GNSO RPM Working Group Introductions/SOI

Martin Pablo Silva Valent mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:17:28 UTC 2016

Hello all,

	My name name is Martín Pablo Silva Valent (a.k.a. Martín Silva). I am a Lawyer with license and based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am a Partner at my own Law Firm, mainly doing business consulting, and I also do research and work with my hometown university (I teach at Universidad Torcuato Di Tella) and several other NGO’s related to the Internet Ecosystem (AGEIA DENSI, ADC, Informática Legal, and others), mainly on Internet Governance and Internet Law issues.

	I’ve been inside ICANN since 2013, I started as a Fellow (from the Fellowship Program) and later became the Secretariat of NPOC (Non-for-profit Operational Concerns Constituency) of the NCSG (Non-commercial Stakeholder Group) inside the GNSO. I also participate in the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation (WG of the GNSO), and with capacity building and outreach in different programs (like my role as an Alumni in the Fellowship Program, participant of the Leadership Program and the Mentorship Program as Mentor).

	Back home I engage with different actors and try to bring them the ICANN world and other IG matters (like the abuse of acronyms we can’t seem to avoid). As a result of my work in research I got to write and collaborate on several matters of domain names and IP’s from a law perspective. For example, I made research on: the impact of not having a regional mediation center for Latin America in the use of the UDRP and the lack of diversity in the mediators; the problems in the use of geographic domain names; the IP numbers and their value in creating legal binding responsibilities (how we build responsibility using the IP number as link between the damage and the responsible); and the impact of free trade agreement in creating internet governance (specially the case for domain name policy like UDRP). As part of this I am very familiarized with the process of right’s protection in the domain name space and have a deep understanding on what, how and why we protect rights in the internet ecosystem and the use of Internet governance to achieve that (and of course the multi-stakeholder model).

	I am more than happy and excited to join this group and to work with all of you, my official Statement of Interest for the GNSO can be found here: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Martin+Pablo+Silva+Valent+SOI ; and my linkedin is https://linkedin.com/in/martinpablosilvavalent . Don’t hesitate to reach out to me as well in facebook (Martín Silva Valent), Skype (mpsilvavalent) or to my email (mpsilvavalent at gmail.com).

See you all around,
Martín