[gnso-rpm-wg] Attendance and MP3 RPM WG Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 16:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed May 11 17:28:53 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the  Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call held on Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 16:00UTC.

MP3:   http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-11may16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsshSzdNKA1Z4WxEp9wS0jun4PqqscmH8din1ZZTDDrRbA-3D-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmpwJuYD0nLO5-2B2-2FlVrFNs0Kj-2BjL-2FM-2FV1gmnQEwicAz8p8jDR01qBfS7CvzDhtvCcN7j3aECQX1rBrKfSLRIYwMODBXmjcF5a1jULyHDKuxDv507TwjVmJUqsIbQ-2Bfsm7Yo2tu-2Fh3vqm-2ByyezJFCRuU2ASNyKTNmLttKM5wB6sBV3uwnWrGbRXajmxs0YA2FH73zNjAZ7bslk2HV6ijT0Zra3Dj-2FFUqLIKddQDQT69uPgcmFeXVLmmKuTIMxYzrZPYC1RzIE1H-2FUkNKCLYnq5FqwfKC9ym24CGDXJwqtxKCxE>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/wCWAAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 11 May 2016:

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working Group call held on Wednesday, 11 May 2016

  Terri Agnew:meeting wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/QwOOAw

  Terri Agnew:create GNSO SOI page: https://community.icann.org/x/c4Lg

  Paul Keating:Hi sorry to join late.

  Mary Wong:@Paul, the meeting will only start in 25 minutes so you're not late :)

  Philip Corwin:Paul, this is solely a planning meeting for the co-chairs

  Philip Corwin:Full meeting starts at top of the hour

  Kathy:Sorry to be late -- dialing in.

  Paul Keating:AHHH so much for my time-keeping capacity !  cu at top of the hour.

  Terri Agnew:This WG call will begin in 17 minutes

  Elliot Silver:Hello everyone.

  Philip Corwin:Elliot, this is the co-chair planning call

  Philip Corwin:regular call at top of hour

  George Kirikos:Hi folks

  Kathy:all good

  Steve Levy:Hi to all

  Rudi Vansnick:hi all

  Martin Silva:Hi all

  Mariia Parubets:Hi everyone

  Greg Shatan:Hello all.

  J. Scott Evans:I am dialing in now.

  J. Scott Evans:Sorry.

  Ankur Raheja:Hello all

  Georges Nahitchevansky:Hello everyone

  Mary Wong:Welcome, everybody!

  Jonathan Frost:Hi all!

  Jeff Neuman:Hello all.  I am on Adobe for now, but may drop off Adobe in a little bit.

  George Kirikos:Great attendance today. Nice to see the enthusiasm.

  ivett.paulovics:Hi everyone!

  J. Scott Evans:I'm on

  Mary Wong:Everyone has scroll control - document has been unsync'd

  Monica Mitchell:Hi everyone :)

  Paul Tattersfield:Hello everyone, jsut to let the technical people know I tried to log in 5 minutues ago but the room software would not let me in

  George Kirikos:Same thing happens to me too, Paul, occasionally. If you retry once or twice, it eventually does load.

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Paul and George - yes, usually a reboot/new login will fix it

  Jeff Neuman:FYI - next week many of the contracted parties will be at the GDD Summit.

  George Kirikos:I simply refresh (Ctrl-R) the page, and it usually works (rebooting not required).

  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks George & Mary , good to know, never happened before

  Mary Wong:Also, Adobe Connect tends to be better friends with Firefox than Chrome.

  Jeff Neuman:The Clearinghouse itself is not an RPM as we used to say....

  Jeff Neuman:it is just a database

  susan payne valideus:@Mary - by late August can we expect the Analysis Group work on the TMCH will be concluded?

  Mary Wong:@Jeff, right - it is tbe repository for which associated services that are RPMs (sunrise and claims) are offered

  Mary Wong:@Susan, I believe the current timeline for them has early/mid summer as the delivery date for an initial report, so I expect so but we will of course coordinate and monitor with our GDD colleagues.

  ivett.paulovics:At ICANN Helsinki when will we meet? I think many have the flight back on 30th in the evening...

  Greg Shatan:The current draft schedule for Helsinki has us meeting 8-10:30 AM on Thursday.

Mary Wong:@Ivett, currently there is an open cross community session for our WG planned for Wednesday afternoon (Helsinki time) and a regular WG meeting (that will be open to observers) on the Thursday morning.

  Greg Shatan:The cross-community session is 15:15-16:45 HEL Time.

  ivett.paulovics:Thank you Greg and Mary for the response.

  Mary Wong:@Ivett, the current iteration of the full schedule (still subject to change) is at https://community.icann.org/x/_o5CAw.

  Terri Agnew:@All, you may need to update your adobe connect plug in's. Please use this link: http://tinyurl.com/icannactest   Ensure all 3 steps pass.  On the fourth step, install the add-on.  This will run adobe connect outside of the web browser. Adobe connect prefers Firefox browser.

  Terri Agnew:some have to reboot computer after installing updated plug in's

  Salvador Camacho Hernandez:Hello everyone. Sorry for connecting late

  George Kirikos:Looks like a reasonable schedule/plan to me.

  Jeff Neuman:I understand the rationale, but would like time to consider

  Robin Gross:Breaking it up this way seems more manageable to me.

  Cyntia King:The plan appears ambitious, but doable if we all take on some of the load.

  Kathy Kleiman:It's a long process, but very step by step.

  Mary Wong:@Cyntia, thanks - yes, it is also likely that at certain points there will be sub teams to do some of the work in parallel (but of course reporting back to the full WG for the analysis and recommendations)

  Jeff Neuman:Again my only reservation is to make sure that the timing of this group works with the timing of the other groups

  Greg Shatan:We may want to identify members of this WG who are also members of the NgSP WG.  I think there's a fair amount of overlap.....

  George Kirikos:See page 1, Assumption #1.

  Kathy Kleiman:@Jeff: could you share your work plan?

  Mary Wong:@Greg, staff have done that already :)

  Jeff Neuman:@Kathy, the wiki for our group is public, so perhaps ICANN staff can send out

  susan payne valideus:presumably we can move the timeline up if we find the work can be done more quickly?

  Mary Wong:@Susan, exactly

  Jeff Neuman:I cant iimagine the PDDRP taking until August.  It didnt take that long to put together the entire policy and implementation of it, and it has not been used at all.

  George Kirikos:Perhaps it factors in 2 months of European holidays? :-)

  Jonathan Frost:Agree Jeff.  I would hope we don't steal time from TMCH or other complex issues for the sake of PDDRP.

  Kristine Dorrain:+1 George.  It's only four meetings, plus Helsinki.

  Mary Wong:@Jeff, I don't see the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG draft work plan on the wiki - but I will keep looking, I may be looking at the wrong date/tab.

  Rudi Vansnick:unfortunately i'm off for 10 days, starting Friday, and will not be able to volunteer

  Steve Levy:Happy to help

  Paul Keating:I will help

  Steve Chan:@Mary, the WG is still working on the Work Plan

  Petter Rindforth:add me

  Rudi Vansnick:i will volunteer for a next one, after 22 May

  Robin Gross:I'm in both groups and would be willing to liase.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx for volunteering, Robin.

  Greg Shatan:Always one step aheadm, @Mary!

  Greg Shatan:I wonder if there's value in convening the "overlap" group.

  Greg Shatan:In addition to using it to find liaisons.

  Kathy Kleiman:Agreed

  J. Scott Evans:agreed

  Rudi Vansnick:i will have to excuse for the next meeting ... back after 23 may

  J. Scott Evans:ciao

  Marie Pattullo:Thanks all!

  George Kirikos:Bye everyone.

  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks, bye everyone

  Jonathan Frost:Thanks all!

  Steve Levy:Have a good week

  Sara Bockey:thank you all

  Paul Keating:goodbye all.  Phil will you let us know what is exactly expected re the letter?

  Paul McGrady:Great call!  Very crisp.  Thanks J Scott, Kathy & Phil!

  Georges Nahitchevansky:bye y'all

  J. Scott Evans:thanks Phil

  Mary Wong:Thanks everyone, thanks Phil

  Jay Chapman:Thanks all!