[gnso-rpm-wg] Action Items, Slides and Notes from the Working Group call held earlier today

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Fri Apr 7 18:17:23 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Colin O'Brien
<colin at partridgepartnerspc.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know if most of the 500 were trademarks which is indicative that it is being used to protect brand owners and their millions of customers.

Obviously ALL 500 terms were trademarks, otherwise they couldn't get
into the TMCH in the first place.

> Conversely if many of these top 500 are generic terms i.e. math, science then there is a problem and this working group should try to come up with a fix.

We already saw the top 10 (from the Analysis Group's report), and
*all* of those were commonly used terms (HOTEL, ONE, LUXURY, etc). I'm
glad you appear to be open to the possibility that there's a problem.
The data we have so far indicates there is one.