[gnso-rpm-wg] Proposal No. 30 - Mediation

BECKHAM, Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Tue Oct 2 09:39:15 UTC 2018

Thanks Paul for that reminder.

Possibly relevant for both this specific topic, and our discussions generally, may be cost aspects.

During that call, Nominet’s representative noted that:

“And Nominet administers the process for nothing.  We absorb that cost as part of the general overhead of legitimately operating on a first-come first-served open registry system.  I think that’s how we see it is fair.  There’s sort of one or two (cents) that every domain registered goes towards the administration of the complaints and procedure like this so you can have open registration.  And so I think that’s all on the costs.  The parties pay their own [costs].”

Regards,

Brian