[GNSO-RPM-WG] REMINDER: Agenda and Materials for 12 October Working Group Meeting 1700 UTC

Griffin Barnett Griffin at Winterfeldt.law
Thu Oct 18 21:41:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Following up on my prior correspondence below, I wanted to note that I have discussed the potential consolidation of proposals #9 and #10 with David McAuley and members of our group, and we have reached an agreed-upon “merged” version of these proposals to be included in the Initial Report in place of current Proposals #9 and #10.  The revised formulation is as follows:

Proposal: Eliminate the existing post-default de novo review period and instead replace the current URS appeal filing period to 60 days, with the possibility of obtaining an additional 30 days to file a URS appeal as a matter of right, upon request within the initial 60 day filing period.

The rationale and other supporting material from proposals #9 and #10 still generally apply to this reformulated/merged version so I didn’t think it was necessary to rehash that material here, but let me know if it would be helpful to do so.

Given that proposals #9 and #10 independently garnered “adequate support” as noted in the summary chart, I am hopeful that we can consider this merged version of the proposals to also have this level of support, by extension, for inclusion in the Initial Report. That said, happy to hear thoughts and feedback.

Thank you,

Griffin

[https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/59358b8cf7332631232417e8/595fb59d73c5b113a1d2a61b_WIPG_LogoMark.png]<https://www.winterfeldt.law/>

Griffin M. Barnett
Associate
Winterfeldt IP Group
1200 17<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>th<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1> St NW<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>, Ste 501<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
Washington, DC  20036<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
griffin at winterfeldt.law<mailto:griffin at winterfeldt.law>
+1 202 759 5836