[GNSO-RPM-WG] Deadline for Additional Data is Tomorrow

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Feb 12 13:58:45 UTC 2019

All,

As noted in Julie Hedlund's message of 2/10, the deadline for Submission
of Additional Data has been extended from COB Friday, 08 February to COB
Wednesday, 13 February (tomorrow).  I am resending the portions of the
Co-Chairs letter of 1/29 with details of what data may be submitted and
where and how to submit it.

Best, Kathy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear RPM WG members,

The WG Co-Chairs have considered the requests concerning additional data
and the observation that additional specific information may assist the
WG’s efforts.  Note however that our agreed work process does not allow
for an extensive research exercise, and we believe we have already been
presented with the vast majority of such information and sources over
the past 2 years -- so this is something of a “last call” for data.
  (Nor do we have the staff resources to conduct such an exercise.)

In this light, WG members may suggest additional data to the Sunrise and
Claims Sub Teams that may either: (1) yield specific useful data we do
not currently have and/or or (2) assist Sunrise and/or Claims Sub Teams.
Examples of additional data:

  * articles about the registration of domains in Sunrise Periods (or
    attempts) that appear to have had an impact on contracted parties,
    registrants, or brand owners;
  * anecdotes or specific evidence from impacted parties; or
  * studies, reports, or articles discussing the harm of infringement
    including cybersquatting (including consumer harm).

Although additional data of various kinds may be submitted, we are
asking WG members to use the designated Google Form
(https://goo.gl/forms/84YtaNDH2Mx3SQVH3 [goo.gl]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_forms_84YtaNDH2Mx3SQVH3&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=adDIs0WEx_lLwFfrsdovxTYY8GkRHo5ibc8SR3Npdh8&m=6A7Smp5z0-8prk-8F7FbKiBF7AksTQWRfRjGO_wBo4g&s=_fSNDFZ67pB16tCUDajZNqEH-vCK5oG4d5Q524YAviY&e=>)
to ensure that any additional data a member wishes to provide should:

  * highlight what specific information (i.e., new data or
    evidence-based conclusion) it is being cited for;
  * include a rationale for why and how that specific information is
    relevant and in respect of which particular question; and
  * suggest a solution and/or idea for how to address the topic.

If you have issue accessing the online form, please contact
ariel.liang at icann.org <mailto:ariel.liang at icann.org> to request
assistance. A .doc version of form will be provided upon request.

Upon the close of the submission window, Sub Teams will review any
additional data to determine whether it is useful in advancing the WG’s
efforts.

Brian Beckham, Phil Corwin, Kathy Kleiman, RPM PDP WG Co-Chairs