[GNSO-RPM-WG] Updated Proposed Process for TMCH Sunrise & Trademark Claims Sub Teams Including Submission of Additional Data

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu Jan 31 20:08:52 UTC 2019

P.P.S. Here's a sample of some articles I found in about 30 minutes of
research. I would pay close attention to John Berryhill's comments to
the first link -- some very eye-opening and startling insights. Why
wasn't John Berryhill invited to share those insights with this PDP,
to answer questions, and counter what INTA presented and to achieve
balance? Why should anyone have to fill out a form, when INTA didn't?

http://domainincite.com/16492-how-one-guy-games-new-gtld-sunrise-periods

https://onlinedomain.com/2014/04/15/legal/fake-trademarks-stealing-generic-domains-in-new-gtld-sunrises/

https://www.thedomains.com/2017/02/01/the-trademark-clearinghouse-worked-so-well-one-company-got-24-new-gtld-using-the-famous-trademark-the/

https://www.thedomains.com/2015/03/12/is-the-trademark-clearinghouse-causing-new-gtlds-to-lose-6x-the-number-of-registrations/

https://www.internetcommerce.org/tmchnew-gtld-registrations/

https://domainnamewire.com/2014/02/10/how-common-words-like-pizza-money-and-shopping-ended-up-in-the-trademark-clearinghouse-for-new-tlds/

https://domainnamewire.com/2014/01/31/donuts-sunrise-data/

https://domainnamewire.com/2014/03/25/tmch-brag/

https://domainnamewire.com/2014/01/30/the-numbers-are-in-donuts-sunrises-typically-get-100-domains-but-they-also-got-gamed/

Since ICANN staff had more than a year, much more than the 30 minutes
I used to find the above articles, perhaps they will take 2 minutes
and simply copy/paste the results of their own research to the mailing
list. While they abandoned their efforts, they surely must have
compiled some data or set of links into a document/spreadsheet
somewhere. No need to make it "pretty" or add to it --- ICANN staff
should share just what they currently have (assuming it exists), so
that members aren't starting from scratch, but can rather build upon
what ICANN staff abandoned.