[GNSO-RPM-WG] Proposal re Q8.

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 14:52:28 UTC 2019

Rebecca,

Thanks for the feedback; I have removed "referenced by" and "legally
recognized as" because 1) by removing, it makes the provision more
concise (which I tend to favor) and precise; and 2) I don't think it
changes the meaning of what we are attempting to clarify here.

Please see below, hope this is satisfactory. I added-in "service mark"
because I recall Greg mentioning that on our call two weeks ago for extra
clarity, but if we just want to say "trademark" I think its OK (as services
aren't referenced in 3.1.1 or 3.1.2..

3.2.3 Any word mark protected by a statute or treaty in effect at the time
the mark is submitted to the Clearinghouse for inclusion; the word mark
protected by statute or treaty must be a trademark/service mark.