[GNSO-RPM-WG] FW: New Q15 Proposal re: Actions & Notes: RPM PDP WG Meeting 16 October 2019

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 10:21:54 UTC 2019

The question is whether the TMCH data, which is already essentially
freely available for those who want to see the totality of an
individual company's strategy, has ever been used to try and game the
system, or otherwise to support corporate surveillance. We don't need
an ICANN study to determine this - there are dozens of lawyers who
specialize in IP enforcement in this working group. If it were going
on, your colleagues on the enforcement side would know about it and
have examples to point to. The silence on this point tells us all we
need to know about the commercial sensitivity of this information.

I would not support an opt-in model, as it would by definition not
provide an accurate picture of how the TMCH is operating.

Honestly - I think this dialogue has run its course. I look forward to
hearing what the broader community thinks of the idea.

Best,

Michael