[GNSO-RPM-WG] SCHEDULED: RPM Meeting on Wednesday, 20 May 2020 at 17:00-18:30 UTC

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri May 15 16:10:45 UTC 2020

Dear all,

If I can add further context to Julie’s explanation - as with all Public Comment Proceedings run by ICANN org, the “raw data” is always publicly-available in that everyone can view the comments submitted and by whom. In the case of the GNSO PDPs that have used the Google Form format, the comments are imported into and displayed in a Google Spreadsheet.

For those members who have looked at the comments submitted for this PDP, you’ll have seen that several dozen commentators submitted input on many of the questions, proposals and recommendations. As we’ve experienced on other PDPs and as Julie has noted, what has been very helpful for other Working Groups in making sure that the group is able to review all the comments submitted has been to use the Public Comment Review Tool that staff prepares. This is essentially a document that presents all the data in a structured, more organized and accessible format. If you are familiar with the public comments review exercises done in the EPDP and SubPro Working Groups, you’ll have seen a similar type of document.

As such, we seek the Working Group’s understanding as staff works to complete this compilation for presentation on the orientation call on 20 May, where the Co-Chairs and staff can hopefully address any concerns and questions that Working Group members may have about the data and the Tool.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary, Julie & Ariel