[Gnso-sc-budget] SCBO Agenda 15 Jan 2020 - ICANN's 5YS&OP + FY21 Budget

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 22:52:02 UTC 2020

Thanks Berry and Xavier for those clarifications.

I am still uncertain as to how these meetings compares to whatever may be
going on at the level of the GNSO.

I see three options: we (GNSO) have no functional equivalents; we have
equivalents but they are internally funded by the GNSO or individual SGs;
we have equivalents and the funding comes from a more general budget line
or ABRs (and so is somewhat hidden, as far as the presentation of the
budget goes)

The NCPH intersessional would be one example; I don't remember it
individually standing out in the budget, and as far as I know there will be
one before ICANN 68. I admit I do not know what or who is funding that one,
so that does not really help me identify which option corresponds to the
reality.

And more generally I suppose that would be a valid point of inquiry for
other SOs and ACs, although that's beyond our remit here.

As a note, for now I'm trying to understand why these items are somewhat
"singled out" in the budget (and accessorily, where I should trace the
monies attributed to "side" events like the NCPH).

Thanks,