[Gnso-ssc] FW: RDS/WHOIS2 Review Applicantions

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Apr 4 20:21:50 UTC 2017

Forwarding on behalf of James Bladel.

Best regards,

Marika

From: Karen Mulberry <karen.mulberry at icann.org>
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017 at 12:26
To: SO/AC Leadership List <SOAC-leaders at icann.org>
Cc: "rds-whois2-staff at icann.org" <rds-whois2-staff at icann.org>, Theresa Swinehart <theresa.swinehart at icann.org>, Carlos Reyes <carlos.reyes at icann.org>, David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>, Steve Sheng <steve.sheng at icann.org>, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>, Olof Nordling <olof.nordling at icann.org>, Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org>, Bart Boswinkel <bart.boswinkel at icann.org>
Subject: RDS/WHOIS2 Review Applicantions

Dear SO/AC Leaders,

This is to provide you with an update on the Registration Directory Services Review Team (RDS-WHOIS2-RT) Call for Volunteers that closed on 20 March 2017.

We are pleased to inform you that a total of 38 of applications were submitted for appointment to the RDS-WHOIS2 Review Team.

Please note that:

  *   6 candidates seek ALAC’s endorsement, 7 the ccNSO’s, 4 the GAC’s and 14 the GNSO’s;
  *   No candidate has indicated they are seeking a review team nomination from the ASO, RSSAC or SSAC;
  *   7 candidates have not indicated any SO/AC affiliation

We invite you to review the RDS-WHOIS2-RT wiki page where all applications that have been submitted are documented -  https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=63145857

With the objective of kicking off Review Team activities in May, we would like to suggest the following work plan for your consideration:

  *   As soon as possible but we would like to receive your list of nominations for the Review Team, if possible they should be provided by no later than 25 April
&#8211      Please send your list of nominated candidates to rds-whois2-staff at icann.org<mailto:rds-whois2-staff at icann.org>.

  *   As the list of nominated candidates is being received from each SO and AC, the RDS Review Team wiki page will be updated to indicate those applicants who have been nominated.
  *   We would like to arrange a call with the SO/AC leadership on either 25-26-27 April so that you can review the list of nominated applicants and confirm the selection of the RDS Review Team members.
&#8211      To arrange this call we would like to invite you to confirm your availability via https://tinyurl.com/n4fkc9s by 31 March – 23:59 UTC so arrangements can be completed and everyone notified;

  *   On or about 28 April – we would like to arrange for ICANN to issue an announcement on the confirmation of the RDS Review Team members and begin notifying those who were not selected of the option to participate in the work of the Review Team as an Observer.

Should you have any comments on the above work plan, please advise at your earliest convenience so it may be adjusted accordingly.

Attached to this email you will find a table of the applications received along with a scorecard based on the list of expertise noted in the Call for Volunteers and uses the information provided in each of the applications that were submitted for your use in considering each of the applicants.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Karen Mulberry
Director, Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
ICANN
12025 Waterfront Dr., Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094
Phone: +1 424 353 9745