[Gnso-ssc] For your review - draft motion and communication to the GNSO Council

Frédéric Guillemaut - SafeBrands fg at safebrands.com
Mon Apr 10 13:30:39 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, i may have read the instructions too quickly, and i apologise for
that. And i got feedback last night.

My concern, which was also a point raised by the feedback i got, is not
on the people ont the list : the choice of 7 experts is fine./

My issue is more on the order. especially between the 1-3 and 4-7.

Apparently, number 4 to 7 usually do not get called for the teams, this
is what i was told.
If this was the case, i would think their is a lack of balance in the
representation of the team, between the Registries / registrars, with 0
% representation on the Gnso quota.

The RDS will have some impact on the future work of Registries /
registrars. And i wanted to suggest we think about the order of the
selection to reach what would look to me a a fairer balance.

For example switching number 3 and 4 is not a huge revolution (Stephanie
Perrin / Volker Greimann), and can make a consensus if you look at the
score of the candidates.
Is this something we could still consider ?

Best regards
Frederic